Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Legs

Go down

Long Legs Empty Long Legs

Post by ThePunisher July 13th 2024, 4:49 pm

This movie should be called Long on Boredom. It's very dull and slow moving, with Maika Monroe as an FBI agent with a touch of psychic ability hunting a serial killer called Long Legs, who is played by Nicolas (I can't manage my money) Cage.

We first see our FBI heroine with her partner going door to door with her partner looking for a different serial killer. She looks at a house, and senses the suspect is in that very house. Her partner goes to the back door (of course) and promptly gets dispatched) by the bad guy who ends up arrested.

The FBI agent is assigned to the Long Legs case, and she pours over the evidence. You almost wonder if she's really psychic, why she can't just get a read on where he is.

This is two hours of my life I WON'T get back.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Long Legs Empty Re: Long Legs

Post by Jason Voorhees July 13th 2024, 8:42 pm

For this film...Ima be honest, I don't think it will come close to the Hannibal Lecter levels not even on the level of a spiritual successor.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 14th 2024, 7:34 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:For this film...Ima be honest, I don't think it will come close to the Hannibal Lecter levels not even on the level of a spiritual successor.

And you really shouldn't expect it to!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 July 14th 2024, 10:28 am

I remember seeing a couple of the new horror/thriller movies (can't remember the names) with Nicolas Cage on Netflix some years back. I remember ending up thinking damn, this guy is cooler than ever before. I'm serious. This might not be the case of all of his new movies, but the ones I have seen, I was pleasently surprised.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Camper
Camper

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 14th 2024, 11:06 am

Ivan1987 wrote:I remember seeing a couple of the new horror/thriller movies (can't remember the names) with Nicolas Cage on Netflix some years back. I remember ending up thinking damn, this guy is cooler than ever before. I'm serious. This might not be the case of all of his new movies, but the ones I have seen, I was pleasently surprised.

I used to think he was one of the dryest actors I've ever seen with no range of emotion whatsoever. He had what you might call resting Nicolas Cage face. I've developed a new appreciation for him in recent years with all these lower-teir horror films he's been staring in. He's so over-the-top and throws himself into every role, no matter how ridiculous the premise, I can't help but enjoy him now. He's made what would otherwise be some pedestrian films enjoyable for me.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by t8mc July 14th 2024, 11:42 am

Not seen it yet but I love Cage in basically everything.
t8mc
t8mc
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 14th 2024, 11:52 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Ivan1987 wrote:I remember seeing a couple of the new horror/thriller movies (can't remember the names) with Nicolas Cage on Netflix some years back. I remember ending up thinking damn, this guy is cooler than ever before. I'm serious. This might not be the case of all of his new movies, but the ones I have seen, I was pleasently surprised.

I used to think he was one of the dryest actors I've ever seen with no range of emotion whatsoever. He had what you might call resting Nicolas Cage face. I've developed a new appreciation for him in recent years with all these lower-teir horror films he's been staring in. He's so over-the-top and throws himself into every role, no matter how ridiculous the premise, I can't help but enjoy him now. He's made what would otherwise be some pedestrian films enjoyable for me.

I've liked Nicolas Cage in a LOT of movies, but this is NOT one of them. I'd rather see a Con Air sequel than this.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum