Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Higgins and Jason Voorhees First Encounter

Go down

Chris Higgins and Jason Voorhees First Encounter  Empty Chris Higgins and Jason Voorhees First Encounter

Post by Jason Voorhees July 10th 2024, 1:37 pm

Alright I'll start by saying this is gonna be a MEGA post of multiple statements, theories, and some minor headcanon but it's all gonna be at the very high properties of understanding the material facts and canon more than just my own opinions!

First Encounter Timeline

Firstly...let's established the official timeline with in-universe statements! and this also will help expand the situation as this post goes on and we start with Rick having surprised Chris and had started to Kiss on after she enters the house BUT she then pushes him away and walks off and Rick says this...

Rick wrote:Did I do something wrong? Did I?

Chris Higgins response was with this...

Chris wrote:No its just being here again. I know its been only two-years but I feel like I've been away forever.

So we can officially state and confirm that Chris Higgins was first attacked by Jason in 1982 and people will automatically assume "But Jason wasn't active!" This is inaccurate information, Jason was very much active after the death of mother as the final girl from the original film, Alice Hardy was stalked and killed by Jason, and then for "5 Years" since she was killed in around 1979 and using quick math of 1982 - 1984 = 2 Year difference, it should be noted Jason outfit isn't the same either, it could be stated that Jason stole people's clothing's and that during his killing spree at Packanack Lodge was Clothing Change during a 2 year difference.

Was Chris Raped?...

For years across MANY different forums this discussion has come up, people claiming: "Jason Voorhees is a Rapist!" Or "Jason is a [Insert Claim/Title/Crime]" and it's usually just major Headcanon...here I'll explain the FULL conversation in full context between Rick and Chris.

During the middle of the film, almost to the ending of the film, Chris and Rick have a conversation and Chris openly tells Rick about her distance and this is how it went...

Chris wrote: You're right, I should have told you, a long time ago but I couldn't.

Rick wrote:Listen Chris, you dont have to if you don't want to.

Chris wrote:I want to. I want you to know what happenee so you'll understand. Everything, is do clear in my mind, as if it were happening right now. I don't know if you remeber, but when you dropped me off that night, it was very late. I knew my parents would be waiting, but I didn't care. We had such a good time. The minute I walked in, my parents started yelling ar me and cursing me. We had such a big fight. My mom slapped me. That was the first time my mother hit me. I couldn't believe it. I ran out the door and into the woods. I wanted to punish them. So I decided to hide out all night. I thought I'd get them so worried, they'd be sorry for what they did. It had been raining. The woods were cold and wet. But I found a dry spot under an old oak tree. I guess I fell asleep. All I can remeber next...is being startled out of sleep by the sound of footsteps. I was sure it was Dad, so I sat up and listened for him. But the footsteps stopped. Then there was this cracking noise behind me. I turned around...and standing there was this hideous-looking man! He was so grotesqu, he was almost inhuman! He had a knife and he attacked me with it! I was so hysterical, i dont know how I was even able to think, but I kicked the knife out of his hands and I ran! He ran after me. He caught me and pulled me to the ground. I was kicking and screaming and yelling, but it didnt do any good! He dragged me along the ground. I blacked out. I don't know what happened after that, I just dont know!

Rick wrote:Chris? Its right. You're alright.

Chris wrote: When I woke up, I was in my own bed. My parents have never said a word about it. They act as if the whole thing never happened, but it did All I want is to just forget it, but I can't! I'll never forget that horrible face! NEVER!

So people assumed by her recounting of events in the flashback that Jason had raped her but there's to many factors against this notion...

Counter 1#: Jason Voorhees entire M.O. has never been sexually motivated, not once have we've ever seen Jason do anything sexual with a "Victim" throughout the franchises entire history.

Counter 2#: The notion people use the beginning of the film when the reporter announces "Sexual mutilation" given that the victims were either naked or was killed during sex, so this notion rules out anything displaying sexual violence.

Counter 3#: The fact Chris Higgins NEVER mentioned sexual involvement, never mentioned that sorta assault but the trauma section will explore this.

Counter 4#: The Final counter is the Actress herself who plays Chris Higgins herself, Dana Kimmell completely denounced this notion so there's that fact as well to consider since she played the character herself.

What Actually Happened?

I believe Jason tried to kill Chris, hence the mentioning of trying to use the knife primarily on her instead of trying to restrain her, I believe yet again that Jason had "believed" he had killed her and then just left her there because he had no other need for her other than killing, and it could explain why Jason was so "seemingly" inadept in Part 2, he was greatly making practice makes perfect with victims.

Chris Higgins Trauma

The character of Chris Higgins herself is very much likely suffering from Dissociative Amnesia and Haphephobia so let me explain...

Chris Higgins has an open reluctance to being touched this is a form of PTSD a start of Haphephobia and then there's the memory loss as well here's a more detailed explanation and Analyzation.

Hypervigilance: Chris has an increased alertness and is  easily startled, which can make any unexpected touch particularly distressing for her this is an example of when the Car battery was making noises and she was startled and alert about it, also the Kissing scene.

Avoidance: Chris was obviously and deliberately avoiding situations or people that might involve physical contact as a way to prevent anxiety or flashbacks, again example with her two-years away from Rick, someone she has had closed physical involvement and is somewhat hesitate with people.

Emotional Numbness:  Chris was very much estranged from others, she clearly didn't talked to Rick, and others for some time before agreeing to her trip.

And for dissociative amnesia?

Memory Loss: Chris describes not remembering how she got back to her house and being found in her bed without knowing how she got there. This is consistent with gaps in memory that are typical of dissociative amnesia.

Emotional Trauma: Chris encounter with Jason Voorhees was a highly traumatic event, which is a common trigger for the symptoms of dissociative amnesia.

Flashbacks and Triggers: Chris mentions seeing Jason’s face specifically, she herself said she could never forget it, suggesting she has flashbacks or intrusive memories, which are often associated with trauma-related disorders.

After such an altercation with a large deformed man who wouldn't have some sorta trauma in some way? It's obvious as day when noticing the character and her behavior.

Conclusion

It's clear Chris Higgins was simply attacked, and Chris was clearly suffering with her own Trauma, which was affecting her and the people around her, Jason and Chris first encounter foreshadowed the events of Jason's presence that would linger over Crystal Lake and Camp Crystal Lake for decades in-universe so...

Did Jason Voorhees rape Chris Higgins?

No, Jason didn't rape Chris Higgins.

Did Jason Voorhees try to Rape Chris Higgins?

No, there is no dialogue suggesting any type of attempts occurred.

Did Chris Higgins have PTSD?

Yes, She was suffering from two clear disorders which is a form of PTSD, it's not Super extreme but is very alarming for her and people around her which is understandable, given she was physically assaulted by a deformed man in the woods, what woman really wouldn't be after a tragedy like this?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Chris Higgins and Jason Voorhees First Encounter  Empty Re: Chris Higgins and Jason Voorhees First Encounter

Post by ThePunisher July 10th 2024, 4:39 pm

Very comprehensive.

I agree that Jason doesn't do the "sexual" thing. Look at how many people in the movies were killed doing their business. He simply wants you dead and is looking to help you get there.

Your analysis of Chris' behavior is spot on. She had a violent encounter and is reacting in the predictable manner.

I wonder if Jason remembered her at the barn.

ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Chris Higgins and Jason Voorhees First Encounter  Empty Re: Chris Higgins and Jason Voorhees First Encounter

Post by jasn88cubs July 11th 2024, 11:36 pm

Ideally they would have went into more detail with the Chris Jason thing
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 12th 2024, 12:46 am

It feels like they wanted to go more into detail but didn’t have time or producers didn’t think the fans would look that deep into it.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 12th 2024, 4:41 am

Trekapedia wrote:It feels like they wanted to go more into detail but didn’t have time or producers didn’t think the fans would look that deep into it.

Character development is not a strong suit in slasher movies. People want to see people meet their maker in slasher movies.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 12th 2024, 5:40 am

Yeah unlike our Final Boy, Tommy Jarvis, no one else really got that much development like Chris or Tina did for their characters.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 12th 2024, 5:37 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Yeah unlike our Final Boy, Tommy Jarvis, no one else really got that much development like Chris or Tina did for their characters.

Can you imagine if Chris and Tommy met at Pinehurst?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 13th 2024, 8:38 pm

[quote="ThePunisher"]
Jason Voorhees wrote:Yeah unlike our Final Boy, Tommy Jarvis, no one else really got that much development like Chris or Tina did for their characters.

Can you imagine if Chris and Tommy met at Pinehurst?[/quote
I would feel Tommy would be annoying her with multiple questions and it would have honestly made his character dislikeable. Part 4 Jason
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 14th 2024, 7:25 am

[quote="Jason Voorhees"]
ThePunisher wrote:

Can you imagine if Chris and Tommy met at Pinehurst?[/quote
I would feel Tommy would be annoying her with multiple questions and it would have honestly made his character dislikeable. Part 4 Jason

And would that make you want to root for Jason?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum