Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is the actual "Scariest" movie

Go down

what is the actual "Scariest" movie Empty what is the actual "Scariest" movie

Post by jasn88cubs July 4th 2024, 6:18 pm

what movie do you think has the most jump scares and frightens people the most in the series?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

what is the actual "Scariest" movie Empty Re: what is the actual "Scariest" movie

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 4th 2024, 7:21 pm

Horror is extremely subjective. What scares some people, others would laugh at the absurdity of it. There's also a difference between a movie scaring you, and a movie that makes you feel uncomfortable or just flat out disgusts you. I'm personally not frightened by horror movies anymore since I'm so desensitized too them. The only movie too remotely bother me in recent years was Come Play, but that's only because I'm a father of two boys on the Autism spectrum, and being an Autism parent is already a lonely and scary experience... My wife outright refused to even watch it because of the inevitable bullying scenes that we knew would be involved, something we've had all too much experience with, with both of our boys.

If I had to pick a 'scariest' movie, though, three come to mind... And chose those due to how the movie going public recreated to those films at the time. The first being Jaws, with literally made beach goers frightened to go into the water and sadly led to a large scale culling of sharks. The other is the Exorcist, which terrified the shit out of everyone in the Religious community.... Back in the early 70's when people in general were more religiously conservative than they are now... Possibly no other movie has affected so many people on a personal level.

My personal pick would be the original TCM. It's hard to think of many movies that actually benefited from the limitations of filmmaking at the time. The grimy feel and the absolute craziness really bothered movie goers in the 70's... And if you sit a non-horror fan in front of it today, that movie still disturbs people.

I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

what is the actual "Scariest" movie Empty Re: what is the actual "Scariest" movie

Post by jasn88cubs July 4th 2024, 10:03 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Horror is extremely subjective. What scares some people, others would laugh at the absurdity of it. There's also a difference between a movie scaring you, and a movie that makes you feel uncomfortable or just flat out disgusts you. I'm personally not frightened by horror movies anymore since I'm so desensitized too them. The only movie too remotely bother me in recent years was Come Play, but that's only because I'm a father of two boys on the Autism spectrum, and being an Autism parent is already a lonely and scary experience... My wife outright refused to even watch it because of the inevitable bullying scenes that we knew would be involved, something we've had all too much experience with, with both of our boys.

If I had to pick a 'scariest' movie, though, three come to mind... And chose those due to how the movie going public recreated to those films at the time. The first being Jaws, with literally made beach goers frightened to go into the water and sadly led to a large scale culling of sharks. The other is the Exorcist, which terrified the shit out of everyone in the Religious community.... Back in the early 70's when people in general were more religiously conservative than they are now... Possibly no other movie has affected so many people on a personal level.

My personal pick would be the original TCM. It's hard to think of many movies that actually benefited from the limitations of filmmaking at the time. The grimy feel and the absolute craziness really bothered movie goers in the 70's... And if you sit a non-horror fan in front of it today, that movie still disturbs people.

TCM is scary for sure!

What about from this series?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie, ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 5th 2024, 1:42 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Horror is extremely subjective. What scares some people, others would laugh at the absurdity of it. There's also a difference between a movie scaring you, and a movie that makes you feel uncomfortable or just flat out disgusts you. I'm personally not frightened by horror movies anymore since I'm so desensitized too them. The only movie too remotely bother me in recent years was Come Play, but that's only because I'm a father of two boys on the Autism spectrum, and being an Autism parent is already a lonely and scary experience... My wife outright refused to even watch it because of the inevitable bullying scenes that we knew would be involved, something we've had all too much experience with, with both of our boys.

You make good points here. The Exorcist scared almost everyone, and I'm sure it (and TCM) both do.

Talk about being disgusted - I Spit On Your Grave did this for ME. The movie absolutely revolted me, and I'd never recommend it to anyone.

I hope no one here is offended by my opinion on this movie. I just felt it was a horrible plot line, and was off the charts repelling.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 5th 2024, 1:44 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:

TCM is scary for sure!

Personally, I'd say part 3. I saw it with a friend of mine, and it scared the life out of him.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs July 5th 2024, 1:57 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

TCM is scary for sure!

Personally, I'd say part 3. I saw it with a friend of mine, and it scared the life out of him.

That's surprising. I guess there are a few jump scare parts. Once Jason gets the mask I feel the scares increase
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 5th 2024, 7:47 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

TCM is scary for sure!

That's surprising. I guess there are a few jump scare parts. Once Jason gets the mask I feel the scares increase

I think the barn battle with Chris and the scene where Chris sees Jason running out of the barn while in the canoe did it for him.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 5th 2024, 9:03 pm

[/quote]

TCM is scary for sure!

What about from this series?[/quote]

Yeah, my bad. 🤣 I thought you meant the scariest movie in general. I guess that explains why this question was in the F13 section. It's hard to say which one's the scariest, since I've never really been scared by them, except for when I was a kid. I will say that P2 was probably the last movie in the franchise that tried to a 'scary' more than anything else. By P3, it already seemed like they figured out what the franchise was and were trying to make the movies as fun as they were scary.

One scary moment I had with this franchise was, ironically, with Part 8. I was only seven or eight at the time it came to theaters and remember seeing the ads for the movie on TV, and they bothered me for some reason. I had a couple of nightmares over it that had my stupid kid brain thinking Jason was actually coming to get me. 😂
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 July 6th 2024, 1:05 pm

Part I, especially after we find out, who was doing it all the time.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 6th 2024, 1:16 pm

In terms of Friday the 13th? That's honestly a very and I mean very hard to pinpoint moment...I mean the ending of Part 1 is iconic for a reason after all!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 July 6th 2024, 1:18 pm

I agree, the ending is something that can be labeled as cult.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs July 7th 2024, 10:42 pm

I want to go 2 or 4

1 is good as well
think it just shows how strong the 1st 4 is
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 12th 2024, 12:48 am

From the Friday the 13th series, for me it’s The Final Chapter that’s scariest then Part 2. He’s just brutal in The Final Chapter and then in Part 2, it’s the first time we see him and he’s on a mission to get revenge for his mother. He has a motive in Part 2 and I think that makes him a scary person.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 12th 2024, 5:42 am

So many diverse based responses.

I know as a kid I thought Part 7, had a legitimate Zombie due to John Carl Buechlers make-up.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum