Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just realized this about H20

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I just realized this about H20 - Page 2 Empty Re: I just realized this about H20

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 3rd 2024, 10:15 pm

I was always a fan of Tamara Glynn who played Kelly in Part 5, especially in her she devil costume
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

I just realized this about H20 - Page 2 Empty Re: I just realized this about H20

Post by Jason Voorhees May 4th 2024, 4:15 am

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I was always a fan of Tamara Glynn who played Kelly in Part 5, especially in her she devil costume

Oooo another great choice!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 12th 2024, 11:04 am

Anyway, back in the day, H20 used to be my most rewatched Halloween movie ever. I was able to rent it even every month and still enjoy it the same way I did during the first viewing. This was between 1998 - 2000. I'm 36 now and honestly, I tried to rewatch it a couple of times in the past years and had a bit of a trouble as well. It's still a solid movie, it's definitely not something that you would want to turn off after 15 minutes, but the original magic atmosphere that I was enjoying as a naive high schooler back in the day is somehow evaporating.

What I realized is that when people say this is too much Dawson Creek and they shouldn't let Kevin Williamson have any influence over this, they probably know what they're saying. I mean, Scream and IKWYDLS? I enjoy it the same way as I did back in the day. But Halloween: H20 isn't simply that kind of movie anymore. I like the opening and I like the final duel between Laurie and Michael and I'm OK with what's in between, but I'm definitely not that overly excited as back in the day.

But you know what? I still have the intention to keep rewatching this on my DVD once upon a time. So it's probably not that bad and I'm just getting old, lol. It's a natural evolution of events and thinking. Right now I would rate H20 a 7/10.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 12th 2024, 10:46 pm

honestly I like not knowing some of those questions you are asking. I like the mystique of michael myers more than just knowing his every movement and what hes doing. It makes his character more random. He waits, and than is impulsive. BUT those are good questions as well.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 12th 2024, 10:54 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:Michael shows up to Marion Wittington's house and breaks in getting Laurie's file.

Where was he at for 20 years?!?!?!?!

How did he survive? How did he know where Marion lived? I assume he followed her one day from work

but how did he survive for 20 years?

Remember this is skipping pt 3-6 Halloween

Michael was the shape. He could of went on other murder sprees with a different mask on. He was supposed to be a enigma. Or he just took a vacation to miami to slaughter a bunch of cocaine cowboys.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 13th 2024, 4:43 am

mnknut30 wrote:honestly I like not knowing some of those questions you are asking.  I like the mystique of michael myers more than just knowing his every movement and what hes doing. It makes his character more random. He waits, and than is impulsive.   BUT those are good questions as well.  

I can understand that perspective for the character but I believe during Halloween 4 they humanized him way to much which disconnected me for it all.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 13th 2024, 4:30 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
mnknut30 wrote:honestly I like not knowing some of those questions you are asking.  I like the mystique of michael myers more than just knowing his every movement and what hes doing. It makes his character more random. He waits, and than is impulsive.   BUT those are good questions as well.  

I can understand that perspective for the character but I believe during Halloween 4 they humanized him way to much which disconnected me for it all.

What about the RZ movies explaining his childhood?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 16th 2024, 8:41 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Depending in Origins? RZ Halloween was basically just a "Realism" aspect of Psychopathic behaviour where our OG Michael was the perspective of what pure evil truly was.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 16th 2024, 5:27 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Depending in Origins? RZ Halloween was basically just a "Realism" aspect of Psychopathic behaviour where our OG Michael was the perspective of what pure evil truly was.

I prefer the OG Michael.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum