Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamara should have made it to Manhattan

Go down

Tamara should have made it to Manhattan Empty Tamara should have made it to Manhattan

Post by jasn88cubs March 6th 2023, 3:26 pm

They were setting up all the major characters as the one's who get to the city! Tamara should have been one of them.

1. It would have been hilarious as she was one of the only ones who was not gonna pass
2. She would have added hilarious sassy moments during the scenes.

What does everyone think?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Tamara should have made it to Manhattan Empty Re: Tamara should have made it to Manhattan

Post by SonofOdin6039 March 6th 2023, 3:47 pm

It'd have been poetic justice if she made it to Manhattan only to be the one kidnapped and raped by the junkies
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Tamara should have made it to Manhattan Empty Re: Tamara should have made it to Manhattan

Post by Jason Voorhees March 7th 2023, 7:20 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:It'd have been poetic justice if she made it to Manhattan only to be the one kidnapped and raped by the junkies

Then it would have been Jason killing all three for that scene right there and then.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 7th 2023, 7:48 pm

Tamara is one of my least Favorite characters of Part 8….. I wouldn’t have had an issue with her making it to New York as more kills in New York would have only helped the movie if you ask me…. Like a chase and through Central Park, a stalking scene in the Museum of Art or Brooklyn Bridge,or Grand Central Station….. culminating in her Death in any of these locations other than the Cruise Ship.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 7th 2023, 7:57 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Tamara is one of my least Favorite characters of Part 8….. I wouldn’t have had an issue with her making it to New York as more kills in New York would have only helped the movie if you ask me…. Like a chase and through Central Park, a stalking scene in the Museum of Art or Brooklyn Bridge,or Grand Central Station….. culminating in her Death in any of these locations other than the Cruise Ship.
Agreed! I dont know why the company didnt get permits for these places!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 7th 2023, 8:40 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:Tamara is one of my least Favorite characters of Part 8….. I wouldn’t have had an issue with her making it to New York as more kills in New York would have only helped the movie if you ask me…. Like a chase and through Central Park, a stalking scene in the Museum of Art or Brooklyn Bridge,or Grand Central Station….. culminating in her Death in any of these locations other than the Cruise Ship.
Agreed! I dont know why the company didnt get permits for these places!

Money and Time Brother….. Paramount wanted to make quick Bank with F13 part 8 the Franchise was always treated like they were embarrassed by the success it had…. Don’t mind the money they made from them but won’t put in any extra for the budget to give the fans what they would want from Going to NY!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs March 7th 2023, 9:28 pm

why a least favorite?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 7th 2023, 9:46 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

She literally bumped Rennie off the Ship and could have killed her…. She was a user of people and legit came off as a person who didn’t care about anyone but themselves…. Not great character traits.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher March 8th 2023, 1:44 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

She literally bumped Rennie off the Ship and could have killed her…. She was a user of people and legit came off as a person who didn’t care about anyone but themselves…. Not great character traits.

These charactrer traits are what make her a primo taret for Jason. She should have had a longer chase scene with Jason for that reason.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 8th 2023, 2:49 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

These charactrer traits are what make her a primo taret for Jason. She should have had a longer chase scene with Jason for that reason.

💯 %
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 9th 2023, 5:14 am

ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

These character traits are what make her a prime target for Jason.  She should have had a longer chase scene with Jason for that reason.

A lot more...we were robbed of brutality in this film! I wished they filmed a full gore scene of what Jason was doing because Part 8 felt more and I mean more tamed than Part 7 was and it felt unnecessary!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer March 9th 2023, 8:33 am

While Tamara certainly deserved a longer chase scene, I think her death more than made up for it.

Improvisation genius Kane Hodder makes a split second decision to punch the glass, then nonchalantly takes his time picking out the perfect shard of glass to kill Tamara with; all the while, the victim lays slumped in a state of shock on the bathroom floor.

Tamara's pleas sobs while Jason momentarily looms over her were the icing on the cake. Then, of course, the scene cut segway with the ship horn.
Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher March 9th 2023, 2:57 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

These character traits are what make her a prime target for Jason.  She should have had a longer chase scene with Jason for that reason.

A lot more...we were robbed of brutality in this film! I wished they filmed a full gore scene of what Jason was doing because Part 8 felt more and I mean more tamed than Part 7 was and it felt unnecessary!

So how much blame can we put on the MPAA for this due to their meddling?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 9th 2023, 5:15 pm

Silencer wrote:While Tamara certainly deserved a longer chase scene, I think her death more than made up for it.

Improvisation genius Kane Hodder makes a split second decision to punch the glass, then nonchalantly takes his time picking out the perfect shard of glass to kill Tamara with; all the while, the victim lays slumped in a state of shock on the bathroom floor.

Tamara's pleas sobs while Jason momentarily looms over her were the icing on the cake. Then, of course, the scene cut segway with the ship horn.

It’s a good Kill for sure…. Killed by Jason using a mirror almost a death by vanity kinda deal…. But it should have been even more glorious I mean they were taking Jason to Manhattan they should have capitalized on that more…. They should have made it to New York half way into the movie giving us more time in more locations…..it’s really pretty shitty on Paramounts part, why even do a Film that Takes Jason out of Camp and to New York if you are barely going to spend any time there.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 9th 2023, 5:18 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

At the time the MPAA were some real prude people….. these movies are really tame compared to what gets an R rating today…. If you’re going to do a horror movie go all out and always offer an unrated edition eventually…… obviously back then this wasn’t something they were thinking about but I would have rather had an NC-17 or X rating and get the gore in but Paramount wanted to be able to get as many butts in seats as they could and allowed the censorship.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher March 10th 2023, 12:25 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

At the time the MPAA were some real prude people….. these movies are really tame compared to what gets an R rating today…. If you’re going to do a horror movie go all out and always offer an unrated edition eventually…… obviously back then this wasn’t something they were thinking about but I would have rather had an NC-17 or X rating and get the gore in but Paramount wanted to be able to get as many butts in seats as they could and allowed the censorship.

By this time, people were saying Friday movies were being put out for laughs.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 10th 2023, 3:52 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

why a least favorite?

By this time, people were saying Friday movies were being put out for laughs.

I know for part 8 they changed and cut out a few kills as well the guy who gets the sauna rock was supposed to originally get darts in the eyes and we all know Jason’s “Death” was supposed to be longer and more elaborate.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum