Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smile 2

Go down

Smile 2 Empty Smile 2

Post by ThePunisher October 18th 2024, 6:10 pm

Will anyone go see this movie? I don't plan on it myself.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Smile 2 Empty Re: Smile 2

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 18th 2024, 9:43 pm

The first was meh... Alright for what it was. Really don't feel like this was a movie that needed a sequel.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 19th 2024, 5:02 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:The first was meh... Alright for what it was. Really don't feel like this was a movie that needed a sequel.

I haven't even seen the first one...was it actually meh in terms of plot or the horror aspect?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher October 19th 2024, 12:13 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:The first was meh... Alright for what it was. Really don't feel like this was a movie that needed a sequel.

I agree, but I guess some people feel like if the budget got returned on the first, there might as well be a second.
Can you spell money grab?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 19th 2024, 7:03 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:

I haven't even seen the first one...was it actually meh in terms of plot or the horror aspect?

Meh in everything, honestly. It's not terrible, but it's your typical safe modern horror movie that tries too hard to check the right boxes and not offend anyone. The plot is nothing unique, your typical cursed entity passing on from victim to victim in the vein of The Grudge or It Follows. If you're a hardcore horror fan, this movie just isn't going to do much for you if you're wanting to be scared. It's the type of film that seemed to be going for the type of audience who'd like the Conjuring or Insidious style movies.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 19th 2024, 7:05 pm

ThePunisher wrote:

I agree, but I guess some people feel like if the budget got returned on the first, there might as well be a second.

The Movie made 200 million in profit against a 17mil budget. That's going to get a sequel every time, regardless of whether the premise of the film seems to warrant one or not.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher October 19th 2024, 8:59 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

The Movie made 200 million in profit against a 17mil budget. That's going to get a sequel every time, regardless of whether the premise of the film seems to warrant one or not.

And we may even get Smile 3.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum