Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio

Go down

Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio Empty Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio

Post by Jason Voorhees September 2nd 2024, 4:44 pm

To figure out how fast Jason Voorhees was moving, we'll first break down everything...but here is an informative insight from the Writers of Freddy Vs Jason:

Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio Screen31

I want to thank them on their insight! So here we go with a BIG and I mean BIG deep dive into this question!!!

Disclaimer!!

This is all based on Pseudo-Science, based on a work of fiction, all calculations, and all information is based on ESTIMATES and SPECULATION, it's up to readers to take what is stated here as anything informative!! If you agree or disagree that's fine, you can sign-up and always discuss with me and others on this!!! Each topic is broken down for a throughly examined read!

Starting the Analyzation

For the analyzing we need and must consider various scenarios, with various factors, and various results with the data so for the take of this forum post, this will be including walking, speed walking, running, and teleportation based scenerios to give a proper estimate on how Jason Voorhees might have traveled from New Jersey to Ohio, given that he is a supernatural being with supernatural abilities.

Key Information:

Total Distance: 548 miles (from New Jersey to Ohio)

Total Time: 191 hours (Walking from New Jersey to Ohio)

Scenerio: Walking

Average Walking Speed: 3 to 4 miles per hour (mph)

Calculation:

At 3 mph: 548 ÷ 3 =182.67 hours (Approx.)

At 4 mph: 548 ÷ 4 = 137 hours (Approx.)

If we use the 191 hours given in the calculation problem as a reference, it’s closer to walking at 3 mph, but 4 mph would be far more quicker beating the hours by 54 hours.

In terms? This would take Jason Voorhees at 3 mph which is 7.6 Days (A Week) at 4 mph which is 5.7 Days

Scenerio: Speed Walking

Average Speed Walking Speed: 5 mph

Calculation: At 5 mph 548 ÷ 5 = 109.6 hours

Given this? 109.6 hours into days is 4.6 Days meaning Jason would be beating the walking speed by 81 hours.

Scenerio: Running

Average Running Speed: 6 to 8 mph

Calculation:

At 6 mph: 548 ÷ 6 = 91.33 hours

At 8 mph: 548 ÷ 8 = 68.5 hours

With higher mph the quicker the coverage so at 6 mph it would take Jason an average 3.8 Days from NJ to OH and at 8 mph it would have taken him 2.9 Days.

Scenerio: Teleportation

Teleportation Time: Instantaneous

Since teleportation is essentially instantaneous in fiction, it would take Jason no time at all to travel from New Jersey to Ohio.

The "All Night" Statement

If we take the "All night" as more literal it wouldn't be possible for Jason to do it in a single night, let alone in a day, the only way that it could be truthful is for Teleportation and if he was moving as fast as the fastest known runner in 2003 (Their in-universe timeline) which was Asafa Powell who was running at 27.8 mph, with that calculation? 548 ÷ 27.8 mph = 19.7 hours

So Jason still wouldn't be able to be in NJ to OH in a single night but almost within a day, but we know Jason isn't running at these speeds to begin with.

Summary

Walking: Approx: 137 hours (Low)
Walking: Approx: 182.67 hours (High)

Speed Walking: Approx: 109.6 hours (Low)
Speed Walking: Approx: 137 hours (High)

Running: Approx: 68.5 hours (Low)
Running: Approx: 91.33 hours (High)

Teleportation: No Time due to Instantaneous

Since Jason Voorhees is a revenant zombie with unlimited stamina and endurance, he wouldn’t need to rest or stop, making these time estimates outright straightforward. If the script indicates it took "hours and hours" and "all night," it suggests a travel time in the range of walking to speed walking speeds per writer statements, overall from the beginning of the film to where the main characters are it's an unknown amount of time, it could have been a week for all we know but regardless these are my best estimates, calculations, and speculation.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio Empty Re: Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio

Post by ThePunisher September 3rd 2024, 5:09 pm

If he's walking, don't you think people would see him? I don't know about the teleportation thing.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio Empty Re: Jason Voorhees Travel Speed: New Jersey to Ohio

Post by Jason Voorhees September 4th 2024, 12:47 am

ThePunisher wrote:If he's walking, don't you think people would see him?  I don't know about the teleportation thing.

Given from maps? Nah it wouldn't be impossible Jason could easily stay in wooden areas to avoid any detection.

As for the teleportation? I know its mixed upon fans but I'll say Jason can do some sorta teleportation based powers.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher September 4th 2024, 5:06 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:If he's walking, don't you think people would see him?  I don't know about the teleportation thing.

Given from maps? Nah it wouldn't be impossible Jason could easily stay in wooden areas to avoid any detection.

As for the teleportation? I know its mixed upon fans but I'll say Jason can do some sorta teleportation based powers.

Would that explain how he gets there faster walking than you do running?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs September 5th 2024, 2:04 pm

but did he run into anyone on his walk?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher September 6th 2024, 5:20 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:but did he run into anyone on his walk?

I'm sure he wouldn't leave witnesses.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 7th 2024, 6:17 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Would that explain how he gets there faster walking than you do running?

Personally? Yeah, F13 the Game did it perfectly with the shifting and teleportation.

jasn88cubs wrote:but did he run into anyone on his walk?

Could have, but as @ThePunisher said is well Jason doesn't leave any witnesses haha.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum