Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary

Go down

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary Empty Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary

Post by Jason Voorhees August 1st 2024, 11:30 am

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary Mv5byj11

Anniversary

On this day August 1st 1986 was the release of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives! This was written and directed by Tom Mcloughlin who brought back our beloved Slasher from the dead/death itself!

It introduced us to Thom Mathews,  C.J. Graham, and tom fridley and thr many supporting cast members! All which did amazing for this film!

Today August 1st 2024 marks its 38th Anniversary and Thank you to Tom Mcloughlin for his amazing talent to resurrect Jason and to give him his mythology!

My Favorite Tribute

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary Img_2410
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary Fb_img25

Again this will be my favorites with this man! Ive gotten taller and hopefully Im still growing!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary

Post by ThePunisher August 1st 2024, 6:15 pm

This movie was really done well. I know of only a few people who don't like it.

Jennifer Cook was a great choice for Megan.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 38th Anniversary

Post by jasn88cubs August 1st 2024, 7:59 pm

A good solid movie
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 6th 2024, 3:18 am

ThePunisher wrote:This movie was really done well.  I know of only a few people who don't like it.  

Jennifer Cook was definitely a great cast as Megan.

And honestly...those who dont like Part 6 is just "meh" because Part 6 was one of the best and by polls alone THE best fan selected film out of any others.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 6th 2024, 6:35 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:This movie was really done well.  I know of only a few people who don't like it.  

Jennifer Cook was definitely a great cast as Megan.

And honestly...those who dont like Part 6 is just "meh" because Part 6 was one of the best and by polls alone THE best fan selected film out of any others.

I agree 100%.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie August 6th 2024, 8:41 pm

My Favorite Movie in the franchise by far... Honestly, I think most people who either don't like this film or think it's 'meh', are casual fans. To be fair, I can see how folks who watch Jason Lives casually might think of it as just another run-of-the-mill Slasher.

For us hardcore fans through, we know what this movie is. Pure irreverent fun. Jason Lives is partly a return to the status quo, part reinvention of Jason to the version of him most people know today, and part passive-aggressive temper tantrum over having to bring Jason back. Honestly, modern Hollywood could learn a thing or two from this film about how to actually poke fun at your audience... By making sure they're in on the joke, and not just holding the fan base it outright contempt.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 8th 2024, 1:23 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:My Favorite Movie in the franchise by far... Honestly, I think most people who either don't like this film or think it's 'meh', are casual fans. To be fair, I can see how folks who watch Jason Lives casually might think of it as just another run-of-the-mill Slasher.

For us hardcore fans through, we know what this movie is. Pure irreverent fun. Jason Lives is partly a return to the status quo, part reinvention of Jason to the version of him most people know today, and part passive-aggressive temper tantrum over having to bring Jason back. Honestly, modern Hollywood could learn a thing or two from this film about how to actually poke fun at your audience... By making sure they're in on the joke, and not just holding the fan base it outright contempt.

Tom Mcloughlin truly created a masterpiece for a Slasher sequel, honestly, paying homage to Frankenstein's monster the way he did was phenomenal, the man showed us that Part VI Jason (C.J. Graham) isn't playing games!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 9th 2024, 1:24 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:My Favorite Movie in the franchise by far... Honestly, I think most people who either don't like this film or think it's 'meh', are casual fans. To be fair, I can see how folks who watch Jason Lives casually might think of it as just another run-of-the-mill Slasher.

Tom Mcloughlin truly created a masterpiece for a Slasher sequel, honestly, paying homage to Frankenstein's monster the way he did was phenomenal, the man showed us that Part VI Jason (C.J. Graham) isn't playing games!

How about the part where Jason is doing a James Bond parody at the beginning?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie August 9th 2024, 10:28 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Used to think it was cheesy, but I've grown to love it. Letting the audience know right from the intro exactly what you're in for.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 13th 2024, 11:03 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I didn't mind it haha it was honestly the first time I seen James Bond I thought it was ripping off of Jason Lives. 😂
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

jasn88cubs and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 14th 2024, 6:44 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I didn't mind it haha it was honestly the first time I seen James Bond I thought it was ripping off of Jason Lives. 😂

If only!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 18th 2024, 4:31 am

I also love the 4th wall awareness moments as well! It just adds extra to the series legacy!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 18th 2024, 11:44 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:I also love the 4th wall awareness moments as well! It just adds extra to the series legacy!

Absolutely!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 23rd 2024, 9:34 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I also love the 4th wall awareness moments as well! It just adds extra to the series legacy!

Absolutely!!!!

I found there's people do didn't like it because of the Belt Jason had?...probably the dumbest reason to hate the movie in my opinion.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum